If Not Us Then Who? is launching a new web platform for smartphone video reports from indigenous and local communities across the world. Telling the stories of indigenous and community action, resistance and celebration through powerful visuals and firsthand footage.
On Indigenous Peoples Day (9 August) we will launch a beta version of the platform and invite indigenous organisations and supporters to explore the platform, its footage, to add their own videos and tell us how they could envisage it working for them.
The vision for this platform is to create a space that:
- Local communities can directly send footage of developing situations and their actions of resistance, as well as their cultural and spiritual celebrations.
- Maps indigenous and local community action across the world.
- Indigenous communities can directly see footage from communities in other parts of the world.
- Journalists can get firsthand evidence of stories that are developing.
- Creates a database of indigenous and local communicators and their video footage.
- Can be used to put out calls for specific topic-related video updates (e.g. criminalisation, climate solutions) around certain events (e.g. anniversary of UNDRIP, COP23).
How would you and the communities you work with use this platform? Do you have footage that could be added?
We’d love to hear your ideas!
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org